www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Open Source, Patents and "Patent Exhaustion"
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 19:10:43 GMT
El vie, 11-04-2008 a las 15:13 +0200, Justin Erenkrantz escribió:
(...)
> .05.
(...)
> .05.
(...)
> .95.  -- justin

+1 to justin results, I'd do (and I think the ASF would do) exactly the
same, taking Jeffrey's caveats, of course. I even think that further
changes than "logging for weblogic" would not change the matter for 2 or
3, say bug fixes, specially if the differences are transient. For
instance while the upstream, i.e. we, integrates them.

I even think that substantial legal threats (as in FUD) would be enough
for the PMC to consider starting the rewrite or removal, no need to
arrive to the end of the process.

Regards
--
Santiago Gala