www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Open Source, Patents and "Patent Exhaustion"
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 18:07:13 GMT
El vie, 11-04-2008 a las 08:57 -0400, Jeffrey Thompson escribió:

(...long hypothetical snipped...)

> Does this make sense to anyone else?
> Jeff

It makes sense to me. I further think that if someone rewrites the ISORT
routine in java for running it into the harmony VM it would still be
under A and B licenses, unless something in the claims of A or B is
specific about "...embedding a C language library..." or some similar
wording.

--
Santiago Gala
http://memojo.com/~sgala/blog/