www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: (qpid) Diversity
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2008 18:28:39 GMT
On Mar 7, 2008, at 11:07 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Friday 07 March 2008 16:39, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> So the CCLA exists for those who's employment agreements would
>> otherwise
>> cause them to violate their claims made via their CLA contract.
>
> Uhhh.... So, are we now saying that heaps of people don't need to
> get the CCLA
> from their employer? I thought the CCLA was the "belt and
> suspenders" to
> ensure that the employee has the right that he claims. Otherwise,
> why is the
> CCLA a matter between the employer and ASF, and not a standard
> document to be
> signed between the employer and employee, for the employee to keep.

Because it is more politically correct (easier for the employee) if
the paper
says it is coming from the ASF, it is a lot easier for the employer to
understand why another corporation would need that permission, and it is
a lot less likely to be "lost" if it is recorded with a third party.
The employee can (and should) keep a copy for themselves in their own
records.

....Roy