www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Luciano Resende" <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Duplicating or not: things in License and Notice files
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:18:48 GMT
My understanding is that, in addition to appending the ICU license to
your product license, you also need to add statement like the one
below to your notice file.

This software includes/uses ICU ( http://source.icu-project.org )
   Copyright (c) 1995-2006 International Business Machines Corporation
and others

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:
> The ICU license (
>  http://source.icu-project.org/repos/icu/icu/trunk/license.html ) is
>  written as a combined license and "notice".  The license text has this
>  statement, which requires that "this permission notice appear in all
>  copies of the Software and that both the above copyright notice(s) and
>  this permission notice appear in supporting documentation.".
>
>  Given that we'll be including all of the license text in the LICENSE
>  file, is there a requirement to also copy this into the "NOTICE" file,
>  or can we leave it out of the NOTICE file since the required attribution
>  would be covered by the license text itself?
>
>  -Marshall

Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer
http://people.apache.org/~lresende