www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: What licenses in category X satisfy criterion #2?
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 01:52:10 GMT

--- "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:

> And we are expected to advise Apache PMCs on this
> assbackwards, holier than thou pile of pigshit
> that is being shoveled forth by folks who have no
> licensing experience whatsoever
> based on the theory that their Grandma-sense is more
> applicable to Apache then the actual experience we
> have learned from the successful
> development of collaborative open source software
> over the past thirteen years.  Feh.

If the legal affairs committee and the board
continue to hold up the vile bit of anti-social
engineering that went into Roller's adoption of
OpenJPA as good and proper policy, I tell you
now I WILL NOT ENFORCE IT.  You will have to
find some other indian within the infrastructure
team to appease the desires of the chiefs.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?