www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: fair use (was Re: What licenses in category X satisfy criterion #2?)
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2008 23:19:59 GMT
--- Ralph Goers <Ralph.Goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> Joe Schaefer wrote:
> >
> > Then can anyone on the committee actually
> > answer my question and produce a list of
> > licenses in category X which satisfy criterion #2?
>
> > Does the question not make any sense, or is
> > it just not worth answering?
> >
> The problem is that it seems new licenses pop up all
> the time. I think
> the way it will work is that project X will want to
> use something with
> license Y. They will pose the question here or on
> legal internal and
> also post it to the wiki. When the license is
> evaluated it should then
> make its way to the list.

Let me then suggest that we start with the LGPL,
which is on the table right now for Servicemix.
Does the committee have an opinion about whether
or not the LGPL satisfies criterion #2?  Or is the
situation in too much flux at this point to form
a coherent position on this subject?

Looking for last minute shopping deals?