www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: fair use (was Re: What licenses in category X satisfy criterion #2?)
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 03:57:17 GMT

--- Ralph Goers <Ralph.Goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> I'm having trouble understanding why you keep
> replying with your own
> opinion to everyone that gives a response you don't
> like.

Because I'm trying to give you folks the perspective
of a perl hacker on licensing.  We don't ever have
these lofty debates on module licensing, because we
let perl do all the actual binding for us.  To
the extent that java works like perl does, I can
understand the perspective of Hibernate rather well.
To the extent that it doesn't, I can see the FSF's
position as a rational one.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?