www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Kasper Sørensen <kas...@pumpkins.dk>
Subject Applying the Apache License v2 contributor agreement
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 22:32:38 GMT
Hi Apache Foundation

I've started a project called DataCleaner (www.eobjects.dk/datacleaner)
and applied your Apache License version 2.0.

I'm wondering now because I'm getting new contributors whether or not
the contributor agreement is required or not to comply with the license?
You don't mention the contributor agreement on your Applying the Apache
License page (http://www.apache.org/dev/apply-license.html) and in the
agreement you have available online doesn't seem to be a template like
the license (there's no room for putting in your own organization
instead of "Apache Foundation" etc.).

So in short - Do I need to make every contributor sign the agreement? If
yes, is there a less "snail-mail-ish" way it can be done, for example on
a webpage form?

Best regards,
Kasper Sørensen