www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Out of date FAQ entry?
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:28:58 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:

> Is the first part that we've not registered any ECN's true? Should it be ECCN?

You don't register an ECCN (classification number) - these simply exist
and we choose one of three appropriate to the manner we distribute open
source and what the product contains.  Combine them in any other way,
do so as part of a "product" etc, and that code may change.

> It's a rather confusing item given that it seems like we've been doing
> something like that.

Exactly the point; we don't provide 3rd party legal advise, we won't
provide export regulation advise, either.  As I mention we can and do
identify which exception TSU ECCN code we used on the /licenses/exports/
control grid, beyond that they are on their own.

Bill