www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: (qpid) Diversity
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:37:09 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> One more thing; I can't recall seeing that we encourage people to have new
> CCLAs submitted from new employers when they change jobs. My guess is that it
> is commonly forgotten, since it is not spoken much of.

That's why it should be reframed to it's original point; the committer / CLA
signer is responsible for the agreement they sign with the ASF.  That's the
very beginning and end of story.

If another contract would void, negate or superscede *their* CLA, they are
solely responsible to fix that.  The CCLA helps them do that without having
to navigate complicated work for hire laws, employment laws, and their own
employement agreement or commercial contracts, etc.