www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Legal files and maven automation
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:46:22 GMT

On Mar 10, 2008, at 2:55 PM, Erik Abele wrote:

> On 10.03.2008, at 20:10, Shane Isbell wrote:

>> Geronimo :: Directory Plugin
>> Copyright 2003-2008 Apache Software Foundation
>> This product includes software developed at
>> Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/).
>>

> It's always "The Apache Software Foundation".

So

Geronimo :: Directory Plugin
Copyright 2003-2008 The Apache Software Foundation
(2 "the"s inserted) would be correct?

Is this error a blocker or can it be fixed in the next release of the
resource bundle?

>> From: 'Apache Software Foundation' (http://www.apache.org/)
>>

> Same here.

The stuff in the DEPENDENCIES file is derived from other released
poms generally not under the control of the current project release.
You are welcome to beat the other PMCs with a variety of large blunt
objects, but I think trying to second guess them in this
informational report is not practical.

thanks
david jencks