www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: fair use (was Re: What licenses in category X satisfy criterion #2?)
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 20:44:22 GMT
On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Henri Yandell <bayard@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 8:28 AM, Garrett Rooney
>  <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
>  > On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 10:07 PM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>  >
>  >  >  While people may differ on the answer to that particular question, I
>  >  >  am completely comfortable with a product like ServiceMix shipping a
>  >  >  completely optional and easily identifiable and removable plugin to
>  >  >  support a product like JBOSS in a manner analogous to the current
>  >  >  support it provides for Geronimo.  And I've not heard a single person
>  >  >  say otherwise.
>  >
>  >  +1
>
>  +1.
>
>  I'd be happiest seeing the plugin as a separate download to the main
>  ServiceMix download.

Here's how ServiceMix currently[1] supports Geronimo:

  The full suite of plugins/code required to integrate ServiceMix
  3.0 with Geronimo 1.1 is not available within binary distribution
  of ServiceMix, so you will need to download the source files.
  To get this, you will need a client for the source control tool
  Subversion on your machine.

>  In this case, I don't think we should attempt to abstract a use case.
>  Just record the specifics.
>
>  "ServiceMix to create a JBoss plugin (for separate distribution?).
>  Describe the fact it depends on an LGPL licensed product in the
>  README. "

Since the distribution mechanism is a potential concern, the specifics
should capture this too.

>  Hen

- Sam Ruby

[1] http://servicemix.apache.org/geronimo-integration.html