www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: Ramblings of an ASF VP, Legal Affairs
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 02:50:02 GMT
On Mar 19, 2008, at 3:59 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> http://wiki.apache.org/legal/Ramblings
>
> Feel free to point at it and snicker.  Or to gasp in horror.  I don't
> guarantee it is consistent with what I might have said yesterday.  I
> don't guarantee that it will be consistent with how I view things
> tomorrow.

Heh, it's a wiki page -- there's no guarantee that it won't be
a tribute to one-eyed monkeys by tomorrow.  That said, it seems
okay today.

> Muddled as it might be, it is a snapshot of how I see
> things today.  And that will guide how I intend to shepard the
> following to closure:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/legal/OpenLegalQuestions

That's great, but may I request that

   http://wiki.apache.org/legal/ResolvedLegalQuestions

and any semi-finished documents and resolved issues be
placed in our subversion and on our real website?  Please?
Posted legal/licensing opinions require an authoritative
trail and a restricted set of authors.

....Roy