www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ramblings of an ASF VP, Legal Affairs
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 04:28:53 GMT
On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 7:50 PM, Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:
> On Mar 19, 2008, at 3:59 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
>
>  > http://wiki.apache.org/legal/Ramblings
>  >
>  > Feel free to point at it and snicker.  Or to gasp in horror.  I don't
>  > guarantee it is consistent with what I might have said yesterday.  I
>  > don't guarantee that it will be consistent with how I view things
>  > tomorrow.
>
>  Heh, it's a wiki page -- there's no guarantee that it won't be
>  a tribute to one-eyed monkeys by tomorrow.  That said, it seems
>  okay today.

Agreed.

>  > Muddled as it might be, it is a snapshot of how I see
>  > things today.  And that will guide how I intend to shepard the
>  > following to closure:
>  >
>  > http://wiki.apache.org/legal/OpenLegalQuestions
>
>  That's great, but may I request that
>
>    http://wiki.apache.org/legal/ResolvedLegalQuestions
>
>  and any semi-finished documents and resolved issues be
>  placed in our subversion and on our real website?  Please?
>  Posted legal/licensing opinions require an authoritative
>  trail and a restricted set of authors.

Absolutely. If no one else gets around to it, I'll work on that tomorrow night.

So seems like we have a process.

Question on legal-discuss@ [usually].
Consensus.
Record at http://www.apache.org/legal/ by Legal Committee member.

Do we need to discuss the Category A bit, or can we take it as read
for the 'Resolved Questions' that dependency on those is "always OK"?
Worries about too much dependencies can be left for the
board/incubator to be aware of as a part of the project's scope.

Hen