www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Legal files and maven automation
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:27:02 GMT
On 10/03/2008, Erik Abele <erik@codefaktor.de> wrote:
> On 10.03.2008, at 23:46, David Jencks wrote:
>
>  > ...
>  > ------------------------------------------------------
>  > Geronimo :: Directory Plugin
>
> > Copyright 2003-2008 The Apache Software Foundation
>  > This product includes software developed at
>  > The Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/).
>  > ------------------------------------------------------
>  > (2 "the"s inserted) would be correct?
>

> Yep, looks good - though as Sebastian already pointed out it probably
>  should also say "Apache Geronimo"...
>
>  Here's an example from HTTP: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/
>  httpd/trunk/NOTICE
>

>  > Is this error a blocker or can it be fixed in the next release of
>  > the resource bundle?
>

> Not a blocker IMHO.

I'd say it is a blocker:

AIUI, this is a new plugin, so the release is not being made to fix an
existing bug.

If the plugin is released as is, then all the projects that use it are
going to have incorrect text in the NOTICE file. How are they going to
deal with that if/when the next release vote is called?

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that it should not be difficult
to fix these issues.

It will obviously be a bit more work for the plugin maintainer now,
but will save potentially quite a lot of work later.