www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <santiago.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: fair use (was Re: What licenses in category X satisfy criterion #2?)
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:13:23 GMT

El lun, 17-03-2008 a las 13:17 -0700, Henri Yandell escribió:
> On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 8:28 AM, Garrett Rooney
> <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 10:07 PM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> >
> >  >  While people may differ on the answer to that particular question, I
> >  >  am completely comfortable with a product like ServiceMix shipping a
> >  >  completely optional and easily identifiable and removable plugin to
> >  >  support a product like JBOSS in a manner analogous to the current
> >  >  support it provides for Geronimo.  And I've not heard a single person
> >  >  say otherwise.
> >
> >  +1
>
> +1.
>
> I'd be happiest seeing the plugin as a separate download to the main
> ServiceMix download.

+1. I think that plugins are better handled separately for most cases,
and it keeps the boundary clearer in terms of licensing, visibility of
evolution, etc.

> In this case, I don't think we should attempt to abstract a use case.
> Just record the specifics.

+1. Premature optimization^Wabstraction is the root of all evil.
Specially in areas like legal, where we are not by any means experts. :)

Regards
Santiago

> "ServiceMix to create a JBoss plugin (for separate distribution?).
> Describe the fact it depends on an LGPL licensed product in the
> README. "
>
> Hen

Santiago Gala
http://memojo.com/~sgala/blog/