www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: m4 files automatically under GPL?
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 03:40:16 GMT
On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 9:50 PM, Justin Erenkrantz
<justin@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
> Someone (who shall remain anonymous for now; they can pipe up if they
>  wish) has suggested that all M4 macros that I write are covered under
>  the GPL.

It would be helpful if you got your details right.  And if my original
post wasn't clear enough, please ask for details instead of inventing
some.

Someone (who I won't name) has indicated that he has modified M4
macros that are covered under the GPL in order to support building an
ASF project that you might be familar with.  We can discuss, if you
like, whether those modified M4 macros are covered under the GPL or
not, or we can discuss whether it materially affects our ability to
deliver code under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

- Sam Ruby