www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Licensing concern...
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 03:08:36 GMT

Gang,

I have a situation where a commercial company provides a kind of
high-performance database engine, which has its own API. It is available both
in a commercial-style license and AGPLv3.

Now, the same company is offering a bridge component that implements
our "Persistence" SPI being backed by the above database. The company is
offering this bridge under Apache License v2.

The idea is that the component is contributed, and the user downloads the
AGPLv3 version directly from their site.

Now, I just want to make sure that the Copyright owner can "violate" the
AGPLv3 by not making the bridge component AGPLv3 as well, and has the legal
right to license it under ALv2. Is that correct?

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er