www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Notice and License files in JavaDoc jars
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 03:00:58 GMT
> > In the case of JavaDocs for our own code, it seems to me that the only
> > missing piece would be the license.

> Is this because the Javadoc files should already contain [our copyright]?

Henri's response is more correct, so go with it.  What I had in mind was
simply the idea that for our own code's javadocs, there wouldn't need to be
inclusion of anyone else's copyright, since the foreign material would not
be present.  As Roy has pointed out elsewhere, that just means that the
content of the NOTICE would differ from artifact to artifact.

	--- Noel