www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject FCKeditor
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2008 20:06:34 GMT
Sorry, took wrong mail sender address (not the one I subscribed)

Dear all

After reading a draft of third party license policy (http://people.apache.org/~cliffs/3party.html)
and reading the FAQs
(http://apache.org/foundation/licence-FAQ.html#GPL) I'm still need some help if it's a no
go or not.

I'd like to integrate FCKeditor in the Apache Cocoon project. FCKeditor is distributed with
different licenses like GPL,
LGPL, MPL, CDL (http://www.fckeditor.net/license).

OOH the draft says that GPL is a nogo, OTH the FAQ says that GPLv3.0 is compatible to Apache
License 2.0.

FCKeditor licence.txt says:
<zitate>
FCKeditor - The text editor for Internet - http://www.fckeditor.net
Copyright (C) 2003-2007 Frederico Caldeira Knabben

Licensed under the terms of any of the following licenses at your
choice:

 - GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL")
   http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
   (See Appendix A)

</zitate>

Following the FAQ I can integrate FCKeditor without any problems in Apache Cocoon just adding
the source of FCKeditor
into the cocoon code (FCKeditor uses GPLv2 or later --> later ==GPLv3 which is compatible
to the Apache License).

After all my question:

Is it really that simple and I can integrate FCKeditors source code without any problems into
Apache Cocoon?

Thanks for your help
Felix