www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LICENSE and NOTICE files and SVN
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:14:19 GMT
On Jan 15, 2008 11:05 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> [snip]
>
> Is this scheme comprehensible and acceptable?

My view - dynamic NOTICE/LICENSE files are fine provided they're done
right [ie: not the mrr-plugin examples I've seen so far]. It's more
trouble to keep them sync'd with the ones in trunk; but if you have a
large pair of files in trunk and the content is shared and sync'd with
the children then that seems fine. I can see why having 100 components
would lead you to lean towards that, though I don't think Commons is
large enough for that to be desirable there [commons hat briefly on].

Hen