www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FCKeditor
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 20:49:30 GMT
On Jan 7, 2008 7:04 AM, Sam Ruby <rubys@apache.org> wrote:
> I agree with Jeremias's comments.
>
> Note http://people.apache.org/~rubys/3party.html relabels this section
> "reciprocal licenses", and opens the door slightly for scripting
> languages.  After a brief glance at FCKeditor, I'm assuming that it is
> Javascript.

I don't see FCKeditor being classed as "For small amounts of source";
so even by your newer 3party.html it is not useable as FCKeditor does
not have a difference between its binary and source versions.

> I see it as Cocoon's responsibility to outline a policy by which it
> ensures that the MPL licensed artifacts are not modified in the ASF
> SVN, and that people who download Cocoon are made aware that this code
> is under a different license.

If we're going to go this way - I'd rather see us centralize such
things - ie) a read only section for 3rd party works that Infra or
Legal manage. Cocoon can svn:external to it.

As it is, I don't see how Cocoon can be using this.

Hen