www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Publishing GPL’ed files on Apache web servers
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:43:21 GMT
On Wednesday 30 January 2008 17:11, Stepan Mishura wrote:
> As I understand the policy [2] – it is targeted to Apache products.
> That IMO doesn't apply to my case – i.e. the files are not included to
> any Apache product that is released to the end users.  So From my POV
> it is OK to put them to my home page.

AFAIK, there is not much policy around the provided home page spaces, other
than that we are expected not to bloat the storage. That doesn't mean we can
do whatever we like within the limits of law.
And I am sure that your post will trigger a small debate on what the policy
should be.

*Personally*, I think it would be Ok (provided that the reports generated are
relatively small and garbage collected somehow)...

As a comparison, Gump uses/used Kaffe to build and/or test the entire ASF
codebase nightly, to help accelarate choices in JDKs/JVMs. It sounds fairly
similar to me.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer