www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Cameron McCormack <...@mcc.id.au>
Subject Re: Including jEdit code in Batik
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 03:15:27 GMT
Cameron McCormack:
> > [including jEdit syntax highlighting text component, category A]

Cameron McCormack:
> If I need to make some modifications to these classes, how would I go
> about this?  Do I just tack on the ASL licence header at the top of the
> source files that I modify?

Following up to myself, I find that
http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party says:

  4. Minor modifications/additions to third-party source files should
     typically be licensed under the same terms as the rest of the rest
     of the third-party source for convenience.

Since the modifications I want to make so far are small (~5 lines
added), this sounds most appropriate.  How do I ensure that my
modifications are in fact licensed under that third-party licence?  Is
it just by committing the changes and leaving the original licence
header at the top of the file?

Thanks,

Cameron

--