www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: ECCN questions, again, this time Ant (and sub project)
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 20:50:42 GMT
On Oct 11, 2007, at 12:49 PM, Gilles Scokart wrote:

> The ivy project does.  Ivy has a binary distribution with all
> dependencies [1] that includes jsch. (Maybe we should not)

Then do the same notice as I did for the binary distribution of
httpd with openssl.  There are two manufacturers.  There is one ECCN.

> Moreover, if you take the source of ivy, and build them, you will
> have jsch automatically downloaded and used to compile.   So, my
> understanding is that Ivy is a "Software specially designed or
> modified for the development, production or use of any of the other
> software of this list," (extract from the [2]).
>
> Am I wrong?

This is all explained in the documentation on apache.org.

> Note also that maven wagon-ssh is in a similar situation concerning
> the build.
>
> [1] http://people.apache.org/dist/incubator/ivy/2.0.0-alpha2-
> incubating/apache-ivy-2.0.0-alpha2-incubating-bin-with-deps.zip
> [2] http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html

Same answer.  We are the exporters.  Any package containing controlled
code must have an ECCN.  All manufacturers of source code to whatever
controlled binary code is included in the binary must be listed with
a link to where the source code for that controlled binary is found.

....Roy