www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: Is reuse of the Apache CLA allowed?
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 17:50:52 GMT
On 01.10.2007, at 18:54, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Craig L Russell wrote:
>> I know this comment is late, but in addition to adding an FAQ
>> describing
>> extending the ICLA (which I agree is a good idea), would it make
>> sense
>> to explicitly mention in the ICLA that the ICLA itself is licensed
>> under
>> the terms of the Apache License, v2.0?
>>
>> Or would that be too recursive and potentially confusing?
>
> That's a good point if you want to reinforce the "Don't Blame Us"
> not fit
> for any particular purpose clause :)  Suggested wording?

How about the standard boilerplate:

    Copyright 2004 The Apache Software Foundation

    Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
    you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
    You may obtain a copy of the License at

    Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, documents
    distributed under the License are distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
    WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
implied.
    limitations under the License.

;-)

Note the changes in the last paragaph (s/software/documents/ & s/is/
are/); dunno if the copyright actually makes sense (expression vs.
ideas etc.) so we might want to leave that out...?

Cheers,
Erik