www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Jennifer O'Neill" <jennifer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code Grant for NMS implementation for Tibco EMS
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 02:17:44 GMT
> Jennifer,
>
> Does org.apache.activemq.tibcoclient.* skirt the issue?  I've seen similar
> in other products where they need a module to interface with a third party
> product.
>
>        --- Noel

Hi Noel -- that's definitely a significant improvement, because it's
more evident that Apache is the origin of the software.  If it's
possible to state "4tibcoclient" or something similar, I think the
source and intent would be crystal clear (although I wouldn't view
this as absolutely mandatory if ASF didn't like that naming
convention).  Hiram's suggestion "nms-4-ems" achieves the same goal.

Cheers,

Jennifer