www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: ECCN questions, again, this time Ant
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 05:05:55 GMT
On Oct 9, 2007 9:30 PM, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
> 2003).  We are probably not the first project that didn't know about
> the ECCN requirement back then (four years ago).  So what do we do
> about those older releases?  Simply pretend they never happened?

Just deal with it going forward.  No need to panic or lose sleep over
older releases.

> The other point is that "What are examples of when a crypto item is
> publicly accessible through ASF servers?" still really didn't help us.
> Apart from the ssh task we might have other tasks that need to be
> listed.

If we write and/or distribute the SSH task and that depends on jsch,
then that task falls under the ECCN requirement.  (The analogy here is
C code that uses OpenSSL must be declared.)  But, the notification
doesn't need to subdivide it out - just list Ant and any crypto
dependencies and all should be well.  -- justin