www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: Is reuse of the Apache CLA allowed?
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 22:13:59 GMT
On Oct 1, 2007, at 11:14 AM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> No, don't put the boilerplate on it anywhere.  The CLA is not
> copyrightable material.  We don't have a copyright notice on it
> for a reason.  Just tell people they can use it when they ask.

er, never mind, I misunderstood an old discussion.  A little bird
told me that we can add the simple

    Copyright 2004 The Apache Software Foundation.
    Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

and not worry about the rest of the boilerplate.  However, the AL2
isn't really what we want for people who intend to change the CLA,
so I think the FAQ entry is a better solution.  The alternative
would be to put the "You may create and distribute derivative works
of this license only if you replace all references to Apache with
whatever other entity is the intended licensee." under the copyright
notice. *shrug*

....Roy