www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Third-party licensing policy: OSL 3.0
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:25:28 GMT
Hi,

> What's the status of the Open Software License, version 3.0 (C), in
> relation to our third-party licensing policy?

Ctrl-C, not Shift-C... the link is http://www.rosenlaw.com/OSL3.0.htm

AFAIUI OSL is similar to LGPL, so I'm wondering if OSL also will be in
category X.

Also, it seems that the requirement "Licensor agrees to provide a
machine-readable copy of the Source Code of the Original Work along
with each copy of the Original Work that Licensor distributes." is
explicitly opposed to the binary-only requirement for category B
libraries.

BR,

Jukka Zitting