www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Issac Goldstand <mar...@beamartyr.net>
Subject Re: Proper wording to describe httpd and the ASF
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:47:08 GMT

Erik Abele wrote:
>>>Most [linux] distributions come with the Apache Webserver
(http://httpd.apache.org/), a free (free-for-use and free-distribution,
privately, commercially and pretty much otherwise) webserver built and
owned by the Apache Software Foundation.

>> - the way it is in the first pass would never get
>> past our legal as is implies things of Linux which
>> are not correct.
>
> Huh? I really think you're reading things into that which are simply not
> there. The sentence doesn't imply anything of Linux - it just says that
> a lot of Linux distros are coming with that piece of software.
>
> And who is "our legal"?
>
> Cheers,
> Erik

One would assume RedHat.  This vein of discussion is really what
prompted the question in the first place (so I can try to be more
articulate and correct in writing), so I'd be interested in hearing what
implications you read in the original version...

  Issac