www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Proper wording to describe httpd and the ASF
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:56:29 GMT

It appears that it could be read that a Linux distro could
provide a private version of Apache. The Linux license
prevents this. Are you not trying to say this?

Most [linux] distributions come with the Apache Webserver
(http://httpd.apache.org/), a free (free-for-use and free-distribution) webserver built and
owned by the Apache Software Foundation. I addition it can
be distributed privately, commercially and pretty much anyway
the ASL permits.