www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Dear Moderator: swsoft - Misinformation /License violation?
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 06:23:11 GMT
"""
Dear Sirs,

It's come to the attention of the Apache Software Foundation that you have misrepresented
the providence and ownership of the Apache httpd Server application.

Quoting a subscriber
 > "This is your Apache web server dashboard. *Apache is a public-domain
 > open source web server.* Please review your current Apache settings,
 > displayed on the screen."

You should already be aware that Apache httpd Server is Copyright and
Licensed to you by the Apache Software Foundation, a 501(c)3 charitable
organization chartered in DE, US.  Although the liberal terms of the license
certainly permit you to use the Apache httpd Software for your commercial
and many other purposes, please clear up this misinformation, and subtitute
"open source" or another appropriate term in place of the fraudulent 'public
domain' citation.  We appreciate your assistance in clearing up any confusion
on the part of your users.

Sincerely Yours,

William A. Rowe, Jr.
Director
Apache Software Foundation
"""

Sent via their form-mail since https://hspc.tektonic.net/hspc/contacts.php does
not give up email addresses very easily.  Ya, you might say I'm in one of those
moods :)