www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Fwd: ECCN questions, again, this time Ant (and sub project)
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 16:27:50 GMT
Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> IANAL, but In JAMES Server we use cryptography tools from the Java JCE
> that is part of the JVM. We don't ship the crypto stuff (as we don't
> ship the JVM).
> Cliff asked us to do anyway the ECCN stuff because the software is
> designed to work with crypto stuff.

   httpd-2.2.x 	5D002 	ASF

   apache_2.2.x-win32-*-openssl-* 	5D002 	ASF, The OpenSSL Project

AIUI if we don't ship it, we don't care (yes, httpd-2.2.x is designed to
use openssl too, but this is irrelevant.)

Maybe Cliff can add his 2c here.

Only ASF, openssl (for binaries) and Bouncy Castle are cited at

official ASF policies and documents.