www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Fwd: ECCN questions, again, this time Ant (and sub project)
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 16:27:50 GMT
Stefano Bagnara wrote:

> IANAL, but In JAMES Server we use cryptography tools from the Java JCE
> that is part of the JVM. We don't ship the crypto stuff (as we don't
> ship the JVM).
> Cliff asked us to do anyway the ECCN stuff because the software is
> designed to work with crypto stuff.

See

   httpd-2.2.x 	5D002 	ASF

vs

   apache_2.2.x-win32-*-openssl-* 	5D002 	ASF, The OpenSSL Project

AIUI if we don't ship it, we don't care (yes, httpd-2.2.x is designed to
use openssl too, but this is irrelevant.)

Maybe Cliff can add his 2c here.

Only ASF, openssl (for binaries) and Bouncy Castle are cited at

   http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/