www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][awt] Default fonts needed for headless support (was Re:[contributions][awt] Font library)
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 22:49:30 GMT
On Jul 16, 2007, at 3:02 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 17:33 +0400, Alexey Petrenko wrote:
>> 2007/7/16, Dmitriy Matveev <matveev.dmitriy@gmail.com>:
>>> We can take this bundle of fonts as a variant:
>>> http://dejavu.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
>>>
>>> License is there:
>>> http://dejavu.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/License
>> Is it possible to include these fonts to Harmony?

It is a reworded Apache 1.1 license with one additional clause

    The Font Software may be sold as part of a larger software
    package but no copy of one or more of the Font Software
    typefaces may be sold by itself.

which has no impact on us or anyone who redistributes our packages.
That means it is okay provided that the license is added to our
product's LICENSE file noting what it applies to.

....Roy