www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xav...@apache.org>
Subject Podling trademark
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 07:24:51 GMT
Hello legal-discuss@,

I'm currently investigating registered trademarks for the podling Ivy, and
I'd like to get some experienced feedback since it's my first
trademarkinvestigation.

At the moment, following advices on the general@incubator.a.o list, I've
made a search on the United States Patent and Trademark Office and with
google. On the uspto.gov site looking for Ivy leads to 410 documents, in
which it's difficult to see which are related to software. So I've tried "
Ivy software" search and found 2 documents, related to dead trademarks [1]
[2]. On google I've found several things related to Ivy software [3] [4]
[5]. So now I don't know how I can say if it's a problem or not, and if we
need to change the name of the project or if Apache Ivy will be fine. Any
help or advice to tell me what I should do or consider would be very
helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Xavier

[1] http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=p16u71.2.1