www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Podling trademark
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 16:57:30 GMT
The first two links lead to a message saying the search session has expired.

I'd be more worried about products named Ivy than a company.  Your
product is officially Apache Ivy which should help reduce conflicts,
however as folks inevitably shorten the name it would be confusing if
there was already a product named Ivy.

I'm not sure how much confusion there could be between Apache Ivy and
Ivy Software, especially since the only software product I see is Ivy
Author. But then again, I'm not a lawyer.

IIRC, when Felix was first started they did a similar investigation and
got results similar to yours, so I would find that encouraging.

Ralph