www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject CDDL and svn question (was Fwd: jars in svn)
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 09:22:47 GMT
Hi

Please could someone confirm or deny my understanding that JavaMail
and activation jars may not be stored in ASF version control.

I always understood that this statement from the CDDL:

"2 (a) you distribute Redistributable complete and
unmodified and only bundled as part of Your Programs, "

Meant that CCDL binaries couldn't be kept in ASF version control where
they could be considered to be being distributed *not* as part of a
product, and without requiring agreement with the t&c's.

Is this still our understanding?

d.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Danny Angus <danny@apache.org>
Date: May 9, 2007 10:11 AM
Subject: Re: jars in svn
To: private@james.apache.org

> CDDL is listed in category B here:
> http://people.apache.org/~cliffs/3party.html
>
> We already discussed this topic in past: just search the archives ;-)

And the CCDL says "(a) you distribute Redistributable complete and
unmodified and only bundled as part of Your Programs, "

and cliff says "software under these licenses may only be included in
binary form within an Apache product"

Both of these statements lead me to conclude that these jars MUST NOT
be in apache svn.

d.