www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject SUN PROPRIETARY/CONFIDENTIAL code in myfaces
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 21:19:56 GMT
Does anyone here besides me see a problem with this copyright:

<!--
 Copyright 2004 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
 SUN PROPRIETARY/CONFIDENTIAL. Use is subject to license terms.
-->

appearing in these two files?

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/myfaces/core/trunk/impl/src/main/resources/org/apache/myfaces/resource/web-facesconfig_1_0.dtd?view=markup
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/myfaces/core/trunk/impl/src/main/resources/org/apache/myfaces/resource/web-facesconfig_1_1.dtd?revision=374886&view=markup

These two DTDs are part of the JSR 127 spec, so they should not be Sun
proprietary/confidential. Maybe the comments are
proprietary/confidential?  Am I wrong for being annoyed that someone
with commit privs project would check files into an ASF repo with this
copyright statement, regardless of the technical justification?

Bill