www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject BPEL licenses and Apache ODE release
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 16:58:29 GMT
Hi,

We're preparing an incubator release of Apache ODE, which is a BPEL4WS and
WS-BPEL implementation. As discussed on this mailing list, there are IP
issues related to these specifications but these have been assessed as not
being blockers. See the following e-mail for more details:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/200612.mbox/%3c906BAFB9-4176-42D8-B9D3-1ED05414FF6C@apache.org%3e

As recommended, I (as a representant of the ODE PPMC) will send an e-mail to
all companies claiming to have patents on the spec just to inform them. I
just wanted to let people on this list know about it, and please let me know
if there's anything else that should be done.

Thanks!
Matthieu