www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Handling a license violation
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:05:46 GMT

I've encountered a project that has taken a part of the Apache
Jackrabbit codebase, replaced the license headers, renamed the
org.apache.jackrabbit packages, and released the resulting code as a
part of a larger application under the GPL with no mention of the
Apache License or the NOTICE file.

I believe and hope that the issue can be resolved simply by politely
asking them to honor the conditions of section 4 of the Apache
License. But before doing that and to avoid potential pitfalls I would
appreciate pointers to or advice on how similar cases have best been
handled before.

Jukka Zitting

official ASF policies and documents.