www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RXTX library and ASL
Date Sat, 21 Apr 2007 13:22:01 GMT
Ceki Gulcu a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> This is new to me. Can anyone else confirm the statement "until you
> don't distribute the LGPL libraries, you can depend on it"  ?

I think you can't, as stated in http://wiki.apache.org/old/Licensing :
"...LGPL - Shall *not* use either Java import or C #include. Shall *not*
/static/ link. ..."

So you can't use Interfaces declared in a LGPL program, it seems.

But this is not clear... The mentionned threadis 100 mails long, and
full of other considerations.

I would suggest we ask Clifft during ApacheCon in May, so we have a
clear answer.

Incidentally, Ceki, this raise an issue with your new Logback library.
Any way for you to switch back to the 'old good' ASL license ?

Emmanuel