www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache license 2.1 and 2.2?
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 09:24:48 GMT
Cliff Schmidt wrote:
> On 4/1/07, Cliff Schmidt <cliffschmidt@gmail.com> wrote:
>> capacity
>> members@,
>> exemption'
>> >
>> > My bad - following the link answers the question quite clearly.
>> >
>> > Cliff, if you made some announcements at the forum w.r.t. the ASL,
>> would
>> > you mind sharing these publicly?  (Particularly before we read them on
>> > another forum ;-)

> That is the extent of the statements I made about our CLA.  In short:
> - we would likely revise it one day;
> - I personally believe some aspects could be improved upon;
> - not sure when this would actually happen; and
> - the process would take a long while

This is very close to what my boss recalls from the meeting. So it would
appear there is a misunderstanding somewhere along the line with respect
to the authors.

May I suggest that someone contact the authors of this report and
request a correction. I don't know about in the US, but here in the UK
this report is being read by quite a few significant people. Having this
document in wide circulation is creating the wrong impression with
respect to ASF modifications, i.e. they are imminent.

Ross