www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Handling a license violation
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 01:58:26 GMT
On Thursday 12 April 2007 04:05, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> I believe and hope that the issue can be resolved simply by politely
> asking them to honor the conditions of section 4 of the Apache
> License.

IANAL, but I think this is the most apparent resolve.

Mind you, if this is an FSF backed project, and it is ALv2, then FSF will have
additional opinion about the use of ALv2 in GPL'd code.
Also, there are "common sense" concerns relating to "fair use" which shouldn't
trigger licensing requirements. Sun for instance, is Ok with 5-10 lines and I
think FSF is recommending 10 lines as the limit of "copy" before licensing
terms kicks in. So, if it is only a really small block, I would not bother.

Cheers
Niclas