www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Let's copy the Eclipse logo usage document
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 07:30:51 GMT
"Yoav Shapira" <yoavs@apache.org> writes:

> Do we agree this is a good idea and a decent path to follow?
> Obviously we'll all collaborate on the text of the page and keep
> legal-discuss in the loop.

I've got an initially xdoc written up, but I'm not sure where to put
it.  Any suggestions?

Also, as soon as I started writing it, a number of good points came
up:

What actual trademarks does the ASF own?  Do we actually have a
trademark for, say, "Apache Struts"

What logos are acceptable to use?  Part of the reason I wanted this
document is that I don't think we have any logos that are clearly
available for other parties to use.  Some projects have "Powered By"
logos.  Do we need to collect all of those?  We're going to need to
issue some direction to the PMCs.

--
  jaaron