www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: CMr - Plug-in engine discussion on javalobby!
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:05:07 GMT
So as a practical matter I guess I can recommend the JPF project
programmers to either

* use dual licensing (but then I don't see any good examples of other
open source projects following such pattern) or
* switch to another license that would satisfy both (L)GPL and Apache
downstream users. If I understand correctly, a revised BSD license
[1], [2] satisfies this requirement.

Thanks
Andrus

[1] http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#TOCOrigBSD