www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <aadamc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CMr - Plug-in engine discussion on javalobby!
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 14:19:41 GMT
(oops, just used the wrong 'From' ... twice... so other two copies of
this message sits in the moderation queue)

So as a practical matter I can recommend the JPF project programmers to

* either use dual licensing. But then I can't give them any good
examples of other open source projects following this path, so they
may be reluctant to go with it;

* or switch to another license that would satisfy both (L)GPL and
Apache downstream users. If I understand correctly, a revised BSD
license [1], [2] satisfies this requirement, so it looks like the
best bet.

Thanks
Andrus