www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Jesse Kuhnert" <jkuhn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About bundling JavaScript with frameworks
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 02:59:45 GMT
Doh! Will fix in a few minutes.

I should also note that I usually make a few non standard
"enhancements" to the standard dojo javascript bundle in the interest
of performance...Alex knows what I've been up to and the options are
freely available via the standard ant builds but...The line between
binary / source / etc starts to look very blurry when javascript
enters the picture.

On 3/13/07, Henri Yandell <bayard@apache.org> wrote:
> No problem - just an interesting thing that I think is probably not
> well groked yet by our community. Using a dual-licensed product can
> become single-licensed when its passed on.
>
> On the subject of the NOTICE file, if you look at the current NOTICE
> file, it says:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry4/trunk/NOTICE.txt?view=co
>
> "This product additionally includes script code developed by the Dojo
> Foundation under
> the Academic free license or BSD license.
> (http://opensource.org/licenses/afl-2.1.php ,
> http://opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php). "
>
> It needs to say:
>
> "This product additionally includes script code developed by the Dojo
> Foundation under
> the BSD license. (http://opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php). "
>
> Hen
>
> On 2/20/07, Wilfredo Sánchez Vega <wsanchez@wsanchez.net> wrote:
> >    I don't see the problem.  If you are allow to choose between two
> > licensed, choose the one you want.  Distribute the code under that
> > license.  Your licensees are licensed to use the software under that
> > license.
> >
> >    Just be sure you are clear about it; I think the NOTICE file
> > accomplishes that.
> >
> >         -wsv
> >

> > On Feb 8, 2007, at 11:23 AM, Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> >
> > > Where it gets interesting is that I think we have then baked in the
> > > usage as a BSD license and we need to make sure that our users don't
> > > use it as an Academic Free License. This thread would be better placed
> > > on legal-discuss@.

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer