www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Source File Headers - are they a MUST?
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 17:00:28 GMT
IANAL - and I am speculating; it may be stated "should" to defend our
rights in the case that a source file is missing that header but clearly
obtained from our package with a valid LICENSE and NOTICE file present.

The absence of the header does not waive the author's copyright nor the
ASF's copyright to the work.  But it does make it more of a headache to
defend.

So include it.  But we may not want to change the policy.