www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cliffschm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Terracotta Public License with Apache Waiver
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 20:38:52 GMT
On 1/18/07, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
> Terracotta is interested in talking with us regarding
> how to better "adjust" their license to be more in tune
> with the AL...
>
> Anyone have issues or concerns if I either:
>
>    1. Serve as go-between (forward Emails back and forth)
>          - or -
>    2. Point them to legal-discuss
>
> ?

What do they mean by "more in tune with the AL"?

1. Is there an existing or proposed project at the ASF that they would
like to enable to include some third-party component under their
license?
2. If not, is it just that they want to plan ahead so that any ASF
project can have this option one day?
3. Or, by "in tune", are they talking about some definition of license
compatibility for any software (including non-ASF software) that is
licensed under the AL, and not about ASF policies?

IMHO, #1 is the most appropriate for this list; #3 is the least.

Cliff